Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (18)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our hands on!

Waiting On Wednesday

This week's WoW is Blood-Kissed Sky by J.A. London!
 
Blood Kissed Sky by J.A. London
  
Amazon Synopsis:
 
There's nowhere left to hide.
 
I thought vampires were our enemies—they controlled our lives, isolated our cities, and demanded our blood—until I met Victor. With Victor taking over as the new Lord Valentine, things were supposed to get better. Instead, they're worse than ever.

Day Walkers, a new breed of vampires who can walk in the sun, are terrorizing the city. Blood supplies are low, and if Victor's vampires don't get enough, they will become infected with the Thirst—a disease that will turn them into mindless killers.

To stop it, I must journey across the desolate wasteland to the very place where the sickness began. I can only hope that the answers that await me are enough to save us all . . . before it's too late.

My Thoughts:

Eeeek! Can't wait for this one! It seems like all I've been reading this month is Dystopian, Dystopian, Fantasy, Mythology, and so on. I haven't read a single paranormal book for a long long time, and lately I keep on getting these random cravings for some fast paced vampire action! Behold! Blood Kissed Sky! The answer to my prayers! xD The first novel in this series didn't get alot of great ratings, which was a huge shocker to me, because I thought that it was awesomely written! Not too crazy about this cover though. Seems a little on the blandish side.

Extra Information:
Release Date: December 26, 2012
Paperback: 368 Pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: Paranormal/Vampires
 
Darkness Before Dawn Series:
Book One: Darkness Before Dawn
Book Two: Blood-Kissed Sky
Book Three: After Daybreak
 
 
 
 
 
How about you? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. Nice! I cannot wait for this either! Still need to read the first one but I have a feeling I am going to love this series!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first one, but I love the covers and I really will read it soon. Awesome pick, Daphne!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able decide whether or not I want to read Darkness Before Dawn. I really like the covers though. I might have to check it out :).

    My Wow http://beneaththemoonandstars.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesyday-siege-and-storm.html

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of that book.

    New GFC follower

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cover is gorgeous but soooo creepy at the same time. Every time I see the cover I just think - show me your face! Show it to me!!
    The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh the cover looks nice & the plot sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this girl with dark hair and back turned to us wearing a long black dress is quite the popular gal lol. It goes without saying that the cover is gorgeous but I get confused by judging a book by it's cover when there are so many look alikes :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover and idea of Day Walkers! Awesome pick.
    This is my WoW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really really need to read this series. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!