Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (16)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our hands on!
 
Waiting On Wednesday
 
This week's WoW is.................The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen!
 
The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen
 
Goodreads Summary:
 
A kingdom teetering on the brink of destruction. A king gone missing. Who will survive? Find out in the highly anticipated sequel to Jennifer A. Nielsen's blockbuster THE FALSE PRINCE!

Just weeks after Jaron has taken the throne, an assassination attempt forces him into a deadly situation. Rumors of a coming war are winding their way between the castle walls, and Jaron feels the pressure quietly mounting within Carthya. Soon, it becomes clear that deserting the kingdom may be his only hope of saving it. But the further Jaron is forced to run from his identity, the more he wonders if it is possible to go too far. Will he ever be able to return home again? Or will he have to sacrifice his own life in order to save his kingdom?

The stunning second installment of The Ascendance Trilogy takes readers on a roller-coaster ride of treason and murder, thrills and peril, as they journey with the Runaway King!
 
My Thoughts:
 
I literally just finished reading the first novel in this series, The False Prince, a couple of minutes ago. After being stunned by the intricate storyline Jennifer has managed to weave, I was beyond giddy when I saw that the next installment of the series already had a set release date! Not too crazy about the cover, but the motto/sentence has completely reeled me in! He's gonna flee the throne!? What? How? Why?! :O I need to get my hands on this book right now!
 
Extra Information:
 
Release Date: March 1, 2013
Hardcover: 352 Pages
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
 
The Ascendance Trilogy:
Book One: The False Prince
Book Two: The Runaway King (3/1/13)
 
 
How about you? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this one but I hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this sequel!

    Loved The False Prince!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds pretty good! Thanks for introducing me =)

    Emily @ Falling for YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is new to me. I always like discovering new titles.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't really usually read these kinds of book, but I hope you get a chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    alex @ cupcakes and literature

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!