Thursday, December 13, 2012

Feature and Follow (17)

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee!
 
Question: What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...
 
Answer:
There have been so many books that have made me start bawling like a baby. And to be honest, it's not usually when someone dies. It's more when the protagonist finally becomes who she was destined to be, and stands up for herself and the people she loves. The last two scenes that made me cry were in The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas and in Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. The scene that made me cry in The Assassin and the Empire, was near the ending when Caelena, the protagonist, got caught. No matter what sadistic things her enemies did to her, no matter how hard they tried to break her, she never gave in. She survived against all odds, and it was just so beautiful and awe inspiring! If you haven't read Stormdancer, then you'll have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about next. But let's just say that the one battle when Yukiko and Buruu fought as one was undeniably amazing. Plus, I had my favorite music playing
in the background which made it all the more epic!

Don't forget to check out my giveaways!
Giveaways (INTL)
 
 
Stormdancer by Jay KristoffThe Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







How about you? What was the last scene that made you cry? 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I want to read Shadowdancer, I better stock up on Kleenex.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of the first one, though it sounds awesome. Stormdancer's on my TBR list. Hopefully I'll get to it this year. :D Old Follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading Throne of Glass. I heart Chaol. I haven't read The Assassin and the Empire.

    New GFC Follower
    http://pinkyjustlisten.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, hopping by. New follower. I have been thinking about reading The Assassin and The Empire. Here's my link PageGirlsPageofBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. old follower via GFC,

    Great new books to put on my TBR list. :)

    My FF: http://2ndbooktotheright.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Haven't read these two, but seeing a variety today!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these look great, love the covers.

    New follower!

    Here's my FF - RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Caelena in Throne of Glass. She's one of my all time fav charcaters. I really want to read the short story's but I can't find them on nook.:(
    old follower
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/friday-56-13-feature-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books are ones that I want to read but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have to say... Message In A Bottle made me cry, such a good and moving story...

    New follower , just click below to follow me back.. ((((hugs))))

    http://bookshelvesofdreams.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly adored Throne of Glass, so I should probably look out for these novellas! Great pick, new follower :D

    Check out my FF and the New Year, News Books! giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope. It's the dying that gets me. I didn't cry for any of the Maas books. Have a great weekend! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you on the Assassin and the Empire.Thing is,I didn't cry :)
    New follower!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Assassin and the Empire is one of my choices too! It was just so sad when she realised what was happening to her. So sad! Great choices :)

    Old follower!
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/feature-follow-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't read those yet. I love the covers

    New Follower
    Super New Blogger
    http://myurbanfantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!