Sunday, September 16, 2012

Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight

Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight ReviewReading Level: Ages 14 and up
Hardcover: 480 pages
Release Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books For Young Readers
Genre: YA Mythology

Book One: Wildefire     
Book Two: Embers and Echoes
Book Three: Afterglow (2013)

Order on Amazon: Hardcover
                               Kindle
Order on Barnes and Noble:
Hardcover and Nook

Author's Website

Amazon Summary:

Fan the flames: A teen goddess fires up her search for love and family in this sequel to Wildefire.
Ashline Wilde may have needed school to learn that she is actually a reincarnated goddess, but she’s ready to move beyond books. She leaves her California boarding school behind and makes for Miami, where she meets a new group of deities and desperately seeks her sister Rose, the goddess of war. But she’s also looking for love—because even though her romance with Cole had to be snuffed, Ash is a volcano goddess—and she doesn’t get burned. This sequel to the edgy and action-packed Wildefire continues a fiery drama on an immortal scale.

My Review:

After the first page of Embers and Echoes, I was completely hooked and hanging onto every single word that was written. Karsten has a amazing talent with evoking emotion and his writing is absolutely flawless! That's not even the best part! My favorite part, is how Karsten can so seamlessly go into a female's point of view and mindset. Almost all of the male author's out their who attempt to create a female protagonist fail miserably. That was definitely not the case here.

Ash, the protagonist, was realistic and her thoughts and actions were things that I could see a girl doing. She was headstrong, brave, impulsive, and sometimes even volatile, but since she's a volcano goddess that's to be expected. And even through all that she's been through, suffering at the hands of her enemy, watching people die right before her eyes, seeing the carnage and devastation that the reincarnated gods bring with them, she still has a heart of gold and cares about everyone around her.The one thing that I loved best about Ash was that she had a sarcastic and dry sense of humor which had me cracking up and once even had me laughing on the floor with tears rolling down my eyes. Yes, it was that good!

I also fell in love with the new characters as well! The main ones were Wes and Aurora,  both were reincarnated gods with sharp wits as well! Their loyalty and determination were admirable and I never once felt annoyed or aggravated with either of their actions. I can't say much without giving away any spoilers but one thing I can say is that things get a little heated between Wes and Ash. *Wink, Wink* xD

Die hard Mythology fan? Love a strong and witty female protagonist? Enjoy fast paced and heart pounding novels? Shocking secrets and betrayals? If you've answered yes to one or all the above, go pick up this book right now!

Heroine- 5/5
Romance- 4.5/5
Action- 5/5
Comedy- 5/5
Overall- 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!