Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (14)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights books that we can't wait to read!

 
This week's WoW is......Falling Kingdoms!
 
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
 
Goodreads Summary:
 
In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power—brutally transforming their subjects’ lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished—and finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?
 
My Thoughts:
 
This one sounds like a keeper! I'm a sucker for stories with magical plots and fierce battles. And I can't wait to read about the world where this book takes place. I'm always up for some good worldbuilding! Hopefully I'm not disappointed. xD The cover looks ominous and mysterious as well. A cloak. A dagger. Who is he?!
 
Extra Information:
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Hardcover: 412 Pages
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Book One in the Falling Kingdoms Series
 
How about you? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. This one DOES sound pretty darn awesome. I love the sound of it.
    I followed you back... oh, and seeing Shatter Me up there totally warms my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting! Thanks for stopping by and following, I returned the favor :)

    Owlnestly Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! Two great minds...I am so excited for this one too! Love your header image btw.

    Following back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my WOW and following, and I'm following back :)
    Great pick, sounds really intriguing! I think I'll add to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick, this book was on my WW a few weeks ago, I can not wait to read it either! I hope we get it soon! Thank you for leaving the comment on my W.o.W. (=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this book <3 From the cover to the blurb, I need this in my hands!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!