Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (39)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our hands on!

Waiting On Wednesday, The Oathbreaker's Shadow

This week's WoW is The Young Elites by Marie Lu.

The Young Elites by Marie Lu

 Add To Goodreads
Goodreads Synopsis:
I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all. 

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen. 

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.

My Thoughts:
I loved the Champion series by Marie Lu, but The Young Elites definitely sounds more like my type of book. For me, paranormal/fantasy trumps everything. Can't wait! 

Extra Information:
Release Date: October 7, 2014
Hardcover: 368 Pages
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Genre: Fantasy/Superpowers

The Young Elites:
Book One: The Young Elites
Book Two: Unknown
Book Three: Unknown

How about you? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read ANY of Marie Lu's books (can you believe it?!). So yeah... no comment on that. I AM waiting on Talon by Julie Kagawa though! (Lately I've been in and out and busy to be really involved with the book world. Sad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. :P We've all gone through that sometime or another. Hope you can get back to reading soon! Talon was definitely awesome. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Close to starting the first trilogy by Lu in the coming weeks! Can't wait!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely looking forward to this new series. I haven't read Legend, but I really like the premise of this series. Great pick!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this book! it sounds amazing. A nice WoW!

    Have a great week & happy reading, Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to finally be able to read this! I feel like I have been waiting so long. It has already gotten such great reviews, which makes me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!